You wake up drenched in perspiration, peel the blankets off, and yet don’t feel any better? The air conditioner isn’t working properly/ It’s the first hot day of summer, and you’ve already dialled your electrician number since the prospect of enduring the heat without air conditioning is simply unfathomable? We have discussed here the top 7 AC problems you could be having and the solutions to repair them.
7 AC problems with their solutions
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant leaks are a common summer air conditioner problem. Since refrigerant is what helps remove the heat and humidity from your home when a leak occurs, your AC system can’t run efficiently, and it won’t be able to keep your home cool and comfortable.
Solution– Your indoor AC unit is making hissing sounds. Almost all refrigerant leaks are caused by cracks, holes or punctures in the unit’s copper coils. … Larger leaks can also cause a gurgling sound. The only way to fix the cracked bronze, unfortunately, is to replace the evaporator coils. Appoint Ac repair in Indore to replace the evaporator coils at a cheap price and the best quality.
- Dirty Filters: The more your AC runs, the more often you need to change your filter. Most filters are designed to be replaced every three months. This duration is much shorter if a home has kids, pets and high traffic. You should be sure to change your air filter occasionally, especially during the summer months when your system is working in overdrive.
Solution– Wash the Filter For deeper cleaning, fill a sink with one part water and one part white vinegar, and then allow your HVAC filter to soak in the solution for one hour. Rinse it off with fresh water and let it fully dry before returning it to your AC unit.
- Hot Air Blowing Out: Why is your AC creating hot air instead of cold air? The last thing you need is to feel warmer when you’re sweating inside the house. This problem can occur even in the middle when you notice ice around the AC coil, it means the system is working too hard to keep your home cool. Taking care of this can save you a lot on your electricity bill. Cause: While it’s natural for air conditioners in Aurora, CO; Denver, CO; Parker, CO, and Centennial, CO, to work harder in hot weather, it’s not normal for the coil to freeze. Dirty air filters or condenser units make the AC work twice as hard for the same cooling. While it’s natural for air conditioners in Aurora, CO; Denver, CO; Parker, CO, and Centennial, CO, to work harder in hot weather, it’s not normal for the coil to freeze. Dirty air filters or condenser units make the AC work twice as hard for the same cooling amount.
Solution– Have one of our experts from Ac Repair in Bhopal and check the blower fan, ducts, and condenser for obstructions
- Strange Smells Coming From System: One sign of AC problems is a burning smell. Some homeowners also perceive odours that seem musty. You may notice these smells coming from the vents or when you’re close to the main AC unit. Electrical odours may mean that the motor has wiring issues. If your air filters are clogged, it can cause the system to overheat, leading to burning smells. Mildew smells are related to improper drainage.
Solution– If you detect a burning smell, turn the AC off right away. Check the air filters. If they look dirty, replace them. Scheduling regular cleaning of your home’s ducts and AC unit is an excellent way to prevent these odours. Our system maintenance can also eliminate musty smells.
- Thermostat Malfunctioning: One of the most common problems with home air conditioners is the thermostat malfunctioning. For example, if your air conditioner is short cycling and your space feels warmer than usual, a faulty thermostat is to be blamed. There might be a serious issue due to dust and corrosion build-up or a simple case of dead batteries. Loose screws or wires inside the thermostat can also affect its functioning. If you have placed your thermostat where it gets direct sunlight, it can also impact its reading. Another reason that your thermostat is not working can be due to incorrect calibration.
Solution– To check for thermostat calibration, take a glass thermometer and place it next to your thermostat. After 15 minutes, check the readings of both devices. If there’s a discrepancy of more than one degree, it’s time to recalibrate your thermostat. You can eliminate the problems with your old thermostat by switching to a smart thermostat. You can set it according to your preference and you can control it using your phone. A smart thermostat also helps in saving electricity bills.
- Failure of Electric Control: Sometimes you turn your air conditioner on and off so much that the compressor and fan of the system wear out. The compressor, condenser motor, and blower motor are connected, making a connection to start the unit. A disruption in the connection due to corrosion of wires or the terminals can prevent the compressor and motor from turning on. Power surges can also result in electrical failure. A bid can build up in your unit as a result of electrical failure, which causes further air conditioner problems.
Solution– To determine this air condoning unit problem, check the electrical connection, and if you cannot resolve the issue, seek a professional’s help and resolve all the issues.
- Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping: If your circuit breaker keeps tripping repeatedly, it can be a variety of issues, including power surge, capacitor failure, dirty filter or coils, low refrigerant levels, compressor failure, and issues with the circuit breaker itself. Once you notice this problem, turn off the AC and don’t try to reset the breaker as it can cause a fire.
Solution: Unfortunately, there is no DIY solution for this problem. You would have to contact a professional as a circuit breaker involves electrical components and can get dangerous.
These are some of the most common AC problems. If you face anything other than the ones listed, you should call in an expert.