A Comprehensive Guide to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Stuck with QuickBooks error 6144 82 and do not have any clue how to deal with it? The technical glitch is mainly a company file error and encounters with an alert warning message, stating, “Error 6144 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. You come across the error when trying to open a company file. Besides, it can also appear when launching the QuickBooks Desktop. Go through this informative article for a more detailed understanding.
Do you have questions related to the QuickBooks company file error 6144 82? Take immediate assistance from the team of certified QuickBooks experts through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
What Provokes the Company File Error Message 6144 82 in QuickBooks?
Do you not know what triggers the issue? Check out the reasons we have listed below-
- You must check for the location of the company. If it is not stored in the original folder, it might give rise to the error.
- Two crucial files in QuickBooks, which are network data and transaction log files, might have been severely damaged or even corrupted.
You may read also : QuickBooks Display Issues
What are Different Methods to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6144 82?
Are you looking for some appropriate ways of removing the issue accurately? Then have a look at the solutions we have provided further-
SOLUTION 1: Transfer the QuickBooks Desktop to Its Default Location
- In the beginning, start your QuickBooks application.
- After opening it, you must go to the Product Information screen. To open it, hit the F2 key.
- Now, from the ‘File Information’ section, look for the present location of your data file.
- Once you know it, navigate to the location to verify that the company file has been stored there.
- If it is not in the default data file folder, search ‘.QBW’ from the Windows search section.
- A list of files will be displayed containing the .QBW extension.
- In the next step, you must copy the required data file.
- Move to the company file folder and paste the file into it.
- Now, you are ready to open the data file.
SOLUTION 2: Fix the Glitch By Editing the Transaction Log and Network Data File
- Start the method by going to the folder where you have stored the company file.
- After that, Reqired to look for two files that consist in the folder .ND and .TLG extensions.
- After you find both files, right-click on any one file, let us suppose, the file having .TLG extension.
- Now, tap on the ‘Rename’ option, and at the end of the file name, add ‘OLD’ to change its name.
- Once renamed, press the ‘Enter’ key to save changes.
- Next, follow these similar steps to edit the name of the file with ‘.ND’ extension.
- In the end, close the current window and attempt to access your company file.
Solution 2: Renaming the TLG and nd files
In this method, you must rename all the TLG and nd files to the .old extension. Here is how you can do that.
- In the beginning, You will have to launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
- After launching the Quickbooks application, press the F2 key from the keyboard.
- Here, you have to get the details for the company files’ location. After that, Select All the suitable compnay files
- Now, You have to select all the files that end with the extension of .tlg and .nd, right-click on them.
- Opt the rename option and then rename them to .old
- You have to follow the same process for all the .tlg and .nd files.
- In the end, login to QuickBooks and check if the error is still there or not.
As we come to a conclusion, we believe that the content delivered to you about the QuickBooks error 6144 82 has helped you gain valuable information about the issue. Although the debugging methods given here are proven to be the best, if you still continue to receive the problem due to other interruptions, give a call to one of the professionals at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Related Search Terms : Error 6144 82 opening QuickBooks Desktop Company File, error code 6144 82, Fix QuickBooks error code 6144 82, qb error code 6144 82, quickbooks 2014 error code 6144 82
You may read also : A Must-Follow Guide on QuickBooks Freezes When Opening Issue
Other Search Query – QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6144 82, QuickBooks Pro Error 6144 82, Fix QuickBooks error code 6144 82, QuickBooks 2018 Error 6144 82