A Must-Follow Guide on QuickBooks Freezes When Opening Issue
In order to get your business tasks done on QuickBooks, the first and foremost step a user needs to perform is to open the QuickBooks Desktop program. But what will happen if QuickBooks stops working or QuickBooks Freezes When Opening? It is the question that this blog intends to answer with detailed information. When you see a message saying “QuickBooks has stopped working – a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.” You must be contemplating “what is it that causes this issue and how can it be solved?” Read the complete Blog to know it all.
If you are unable to figure out any step in the procedure or have other queries associated with QuickBooks, then give the QuickBooks’ Expert Team a call at 1.855.738.2891 and get satisfactory replies
What accounts for this QuickBooks issue?
Why QuickBooks is not opening or working normally or why it freezes is an important question that the user must not ignore since it helps understand the resolution and avoid the exact causes or errors for the future. Read these factors carefully:
- If an old version of QuickBooks is still in use, then this error can be encountered by you.
- The file that you are trying to open is suffering from data damage or corruption.
- A few of the conventional bugs in the system can mess up with the working of QuickBooks.
Now that you know where things can go wrong, you can take measures respectively and get away with the error.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS038
Follow The Effective Methodology to Fix Error
There are a few important steps that you have to keep in mind for fixing the error. First, you need to verify what is wrong with your version of QuickBooks Desktop. To go systematically, follow these steps:
Method 1: Update the Application!
A fundamental, easy, significant, and effective step for all the errors is updating QuickBooks. You need to keep updating the application to the latest release as soon as it gets available to you. This step will keep your application up with fresh features and well equipped.
Once QB desktop is updated, open the company file. This company file you desire to open must have an extension of .qbw. If the file doesn’t open, move to the next solution.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks Clean Install tool to fix the issue
- Before doing anything else, download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Now, save it on your Desktop.
- After that, open QuickBooks Clean Install Utility.exe.
- Now, Click on I Accept when the license agreement is prompted.
- Select your QuickBooks version and then click on the Continue button.
- In the end, click on the Ok button when you see “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory.”
Method 3: Verify the Hitch in QuickBooks and The Company File
If you are using the right file extension, then you need to check if the trouble lies with the company file or the program per se. Follow as instructed:
- Go to the Windows Start menu, and in the run box, enter “File Explorer” and open the result.
- Now look for the file with the name QuickBooks.exe which is often found in the QuickBooks folder.
- Tap on the CTRL key from your keyboard and keep holding it. Now tap twice on QuickBooks.exe and again hold the CTRL key until the QuickBooks gets opened.
- Open your company file from QuickBooks. If you are unable to, then tap on Open a sample file without opening the file on QuickBooks.
- If sample files open like usual, it indicates the issue in the file’s location. Now, move the file to an accessible location like Windows desktop and open then.
Even after verifying and rectifying QB and company files, your program still freezes, so you should consider taking the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
At the end of the blog, we hope you have understood the reasons and the methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Freezes When Opening issue. If you still face errors, contact the QuickBooks Helpline at 1.855.738.2891 to get an even more accessible and more friendly guide.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS033