A User-Friendly Guide to Recover Deleted QuickBooks Files
Are you trying to recover deleted QuickBooks files? QuickBooks contains your valuable accounting information. The information stored in the QuickBooks folder not only gives you accurate business insights but also help you to make informed decisions to maximize your profits. However, the accidental deletion of a QuickBooks folder or files contained within the folder can cause dreadful consequences for your business. The good news is, you can recover QuickBooks company files and folder by restoring the deleted files
Wondering how to recover deleted QuickBooks files? Dial our QuickBooks data recovery service number 1.855.738.2784 to avail instant help.
Different Scenarios of Data Loss or Deletion in QuickBooks:
Being a software, QuickBooks is not devoid of technical glitches and sometimes acts fallible, bringing forth a data loss. Besides, data can be lost or deleted due to human error, as well. In the following conditions, you may need to recover deleted QuickBooks files-
- An unfortunate crash in the software
- Accidental deletion of QuickBooks files or folder
- Firewall obstructing access over the system
- An unsteady or non-wired association with the system
- It can be power sparing mode which is turned on and causing the loss
- Virus infection on .QBW, .QBB, or .QBA files
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Running Slow
How to Restore Deleted QuickBooks Files?
Now that we have possible situations where a data loss can occur, we need to look forward to the recovery process. There are several ways to recover QuickBooks company data that we are going to elaborate-
Recover Deleted QuickBooks Company File from Recycle Bin
If you are a Windows 7 or 8 user, then you will not have your QuickBooks company files or folder deleted permanently. You can restore your data from the Windows Recycle Bin with a few clicks.
- Enter Recycle Bin in the address bar located at the top of the Windows in the File Explorer and then click
- Alternatively, you can double-click on the Recycle Bin on your Desktop to look for the deleted QuickBooks files.
- When the bin opens, select the QuickBooks folder you want to restore and then click Restore the file
- In case, only a few files are deleted in QuickBooks, then press CTRL+ Shift+ Arrow down keys simultaneously to select the files together.
- Once the files are recovered, go back to the software and check if you can see the deleted files back in the software.
Utilize QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool is an integral feature of QuickBooks since 2012. ADR can help you to recover nearly all your lost accounting data. Although, if you recover lost QuickBooks company file using ADR, you might have to stop using QuickBooks for several days. However, the feature can be helpful for the following reasons-
- It can help you to restore all QBW database
- You can have the preview of all the data that you need to recover
- You can recover deleted QuickBooks company file for all
There are two ways ADR can help you recover your lost QuickBooks company data-
- Auto Data Recovery feature uses your current Transaction Log File (.TLG) and a copy of your Company File (.QBW) to restore the lost transactions
- It can restore all your transactions except for the few hours using a copy of your Company File and Transaction Log File
However, there are some limitations with Auto Data Recovery Tool you must know before using it to recover deleted QuickBooks files-
- If you are a user of Accountant Edition of QuickBooks, then you cannot use the tool for data recovery
- ADR tool can only be helpful to the users of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise solutions for Windows
- The file you want to recover should not exceed the size 1.5 Gigabytes. When the size exceeds, QB does not generate an ADR file
- The feature works the best with the latest updated QuickBooks
After ensuring all these factors, you can use this tool to recover the QuickBooks company file.
Dial QuickBooks Data Recovery Support Number:
If none of the above-listed solutions prove helpful in recovering lost QuickBooks data, then you can always use help from QuickBooks experts. Supported by their vast industry experience, experts make higher chances of data recovery deleted QuickBooks files. If you are still brain-storming how do I recover a deleted QuickBooks file then our QuickBooks data recovery support number 1.855.738.2784 can help you to get the job done.
Read also : How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6175 0