Use and operation of compressed air compressors
Whether we are in the industrial sector or not, we have all heard of compress air compressors. They are a common element in most production plants and are widely use in different fields of engineering.
These devices that provide power to industrial tools and machines thanks to a specific operating system. This system is base on taking gas, which normally and in most cases is air, which is then compress into a small space call a tank . In this process, an energy exchange takes place between the fluid and the machine.
However, do we really know what air compressors are used for, how they work and what parts are they made of ? Knowing the answer to these questions can help you better understand the industrial process. Below we explain all the details in relation to this topic.
What are air compressors use for?
Air compression is normally done by rapidly cooling the air with water or oil. Once compress, it is much easier to store and use. Regarding this, its uses cover a wide range of applications:
For the industrial sector:
- Drilling holes
- Materials cutting
- Concrete pouring
- Rock crush
For domestic use:
- Wall painting
- Car tire maintenance
- Swelling of mattresses, balls, etc.
The Industrial air compressor operation is base on turning electrical energy into mechanical energy . The electrical energy is generate by an electric or combustion engine, and the mechanical energy (result of the process) passes before being pneumatic energy, which is given by compressing the air to a specific pressure (the one require by the tool or machine).
The compressor that receives the energy has an electric motor through which it transforms it into pressure. As it does? Compressing the air it takes in and storing it in a tank, also call a boiler.
There are also other types of belt driven compressors . These allow greater power and cope with tougher jobs within the industrial sector.
When choosing an air compressor , you have to take into account certain technical characteristics that we mention below:
- Tank . The tank is the element in which the air compression is store. It can be present in different dimensions and that is precisely what will determine which model is best suite to your needs. The larger the storage tank, the more cubic feet of air per minute it can generate.
- Flow . Each compressor is capable of guaranteeing a certain flow and pressure with a different power, so you have to choose a suitable one. To calculate the compress air needs, the use that will be given to the pressure need and the required air consumption must be taken into account.
It is advisable to take into account the accessories and their placement on the compressor in order to use it correctly. Among these accessories we highlight the following:
- Filters . Before using an air compressor, they require air cleaning and drying using filters and decanters. In this way the air is free of impurities and humidity.
- Oil . Specialize anti-wear and anti-corrosion oils are use above all for the use of pneumatic machines, which need to lubricate the air using these products.
- Guns . There are several different types of pistols depending on their use. Among them we can distinguish those of blowing, inflation, inflation, painting .In addition to highlighting others for professional use to wash or oil machinery parts.
At Folch Técnica Industrial we are specialists in compress air compressors, compress air treatment and purification, depression and vacuum, gas generation and separation, water cooling equipment and other industrial fluids.
We also have a wide range of air compressors , to be able to adapt to the needs of each of our clients.
In addition, we offer the possibility of developing a compressor to the specific measure that is require. We are professionals who offer you the highest quality in service and products with the plus of speed. We understand that the satisfaction of our customers comes first.