Easy Methods to fix QuickBooks desktop update error 15240
QuickBooks desktop update error 15240
QuickBooks is a widely used bookkeeping software for invoicing, expense tracking, and automated tax calculations. The software also helps businesses in inventory management and boosts their growth. The developer team regularly releases updates for the software & its services. Unfortunately, the software can get influenced by random issues affecting its functions. QuickBooks desktop update error 15240 doesn’t allow the users to download the software/payroll updates in the software. If you also came across this error in your QuickBooks, keep reading further to explore the potential triggers for this error and the appropriate ways to tackle it.
Prevent your business from getting affected by contacting a QB support team at +1-855-948-3646 for troubleshooting advice.
About the error
It is always recommended by Inuit to keep your software and payroll service up to date. A new update installs new features and removes the existing bugs and glitches in the software. Payroll service updates are also crucial for keeping the tax calculations in accordance with the tax table specified by the federal government. You’ll encounter this error while downloading the software or payroll updates. Its process will be terminated instantly. Your financial data remains secure even if the software gets affected. This error mostly occurs due to incorrect system settings or network connectivity issues. Until this error is resolved you’ll receive these error codes whenever you begin the update. So, dealing with the error to update your software/payroll successfully becomes necessary.
“Primary causes” refer to the root or underlying reasons that lead to a particular event or outcome. These causes are often seen as the most significant factors. That contribute to the occurrence of a particular problem or situation. Identifying primary causes is important in order to address the underlying issues that lead to an undesirable outcome, rather than just treating the symptoms or surface-level problems. By addressing the primary causes, it may be possible to prevent similar problems from occurring in the future. QuickBooks falls prey to this error and fails to download/install the updates under the circumstances mentioned below-
- The system hasn’t allotted the required system resources or folder permissions for QuickBooks to install the update
- QuickBooks fails to connect with the Intuit servers due to inaccurate date & time on your system clock or incorrect internet connection settings.
- A third-party browser incompatible with QuickBooks or inappropriate browser settings.
- Windows Firewall can impose restrictions that forbid the software from connecting to any external source.
- A file in the update package suffers damage or gets involved in another task running in the software.
- Corrupt program files or after-effects of a faulty QuickBooks installation on your computer.
You may also like to read:- Let’s try technical Guide for QuickBooks error 40001
We compiled a list of techniques that you can utilize to fix the issues that might be potentially causing this error. QuickBooks error 15240 is typically related to issues with updating payroll or QuickBooks software. Here are some solutions that may help resolve this error:
- Check your internet connection: A poor or unstable internet connection may prevent the QuickBooks from downloading updates. Ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong.
- Verify your system time and date: An incorrect system date and time can cause the error 15240 in QuickBooks. Ensure that your system clock is set to the correct time zone and date.
- Check your QuickBooks subscription status: Make sure your QuickBooks subscription is active and up-to-date. If your subscription has expired, you may need to renew it to resolve this error.
- Run QuickBooks as an administrator: Sometimes, running QuickBooks as an administrator can help resolve issues with downloading updates. Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select “Run as Administrator.”
- Configure your firewall and antivirus: Firewall and antivirus software may sometimes interfere with QuickBooks updates. Configure your firewall and antivirus settings to allow QuickBooks to access the internet.
- Rename the QuickBooks Paysub.ini file: Renaming the Paysub.ini file can
- Make sure you have the latest version of QuickBooks
Solution 1- Run your the QuickBooks program as an Administrator
There are various instances where system applications struggle to run due to insufficient system resources or folder permissions to access the data in your system drives. The QuickBooks can also become a victim of these issues if it fails to establish a connection with the update package or acquire the system resources required to run its background processes smoothly. You can grant special permissions to the software by running it in Administrator mode and which gives it priority in acquiring the system resources and prevents. If getting restricted from accessing the required data. The following steps will help you to use the software in Admin mode-
- Go to the software launch icon in the QuickBooks folder or find it in the search results after running a search for ‘QuickBooks.’
- Right-click on QuickBooks.exe and select the Properties option.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab in the window.
- Mark the checkbox for Run this program as Administrator with a single click.
- Try to download the updates again once the software runs in Administrator mode.
If the update fails again due to the error, use the next solution.
Solution 2- Set up your system clock accurately and configure the default browser settings in Windows
Intuit servers sync the timings with the system clock during an update, and any discrepancy leads to a lapse in the connection. QuickBooks might also develop this error due to a failure in connecting with the Intuit servers caused by inaccurate date & time. Use these steps to set up your system clock-
- Right-click the clock on the taskbar at the bottom right of your screen to open a list of options.
- Tap the Adjust date/time option to open the change date and time settings window.
- Click on the Set time automatically option, or you can choose to manually set the timings.
After the time configuration is complete, you must proceed to set the default browsers for your Windows, as this issue can also arise due to a third-party browser incompatible with the QuickBooks. The software integrates with the system browsers to perform its online tasks, and issues develop if the browser can’t execute the functions. Follow to steps to configure the web browser settings-
- Go to the Default apps window using the search panel on the taskbar.
- Click on the Web browser option and select Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer.
- Retry downloading the updates in your QuickBooks.
In case the update is affected by the error again or apply the next solution.
Solution 3- Add Intuit websites as trusted sites in your browser and delete temporary files, including cache, cookies, Etc.
Security settings can restrict your web browser and hinder the internet connection. The settings prevent the software from accessing harmful websites that can introduce malware or other threats to your system. You can bypass these settings by adding Intuit-related websites as trusted sites in the browser, as given in the steps below-
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R on the keyboard.
- Erase any auto-filled data in the search field and type inetcpl.cpl in the column.
- An Internet Properties window will open after pressing Enter or clicking Ok.
- Approach the Security tab and click on the Trusted Sites option.
- Tap on the Sites option and select IDP.
- Accurately type *.intuit.com & *.quickbooks.com in Add this website to the zone.
- Click the Add option and unmark the Enable Protected mode checkbox with a single click.
- Click on Apply and hit Ok.
Now, open your web browser and delete the temporary files like cache data and cookies that might interfere while rendering websites. Use these steps-
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete to go to the clear browsing data menu in your web browser.
- Mark the checkboxes for Cache, cookies, and other temporary files.
- Click on Delete or Clear now, whichever option is available.
- Download the updates again after the temporary files are deleted.
If the software is still unable to download the updates, apply the next solution.
Solution 4- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool hub and repair your QuickBooks
QuickBooks is a utility provided by Intuit to deal with software issues that can create problems for users. We specifically design the tools to diagnose and fix the issues. The tool hub’s latest version (188.8.131.52) is readily available on the official QuickBooks website. Once you have downloaded its installation file, proceed with the steps below-
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Once the tool hub is installed and click on the Program Problems menu.
- Select the Quick fix my program option in the drop-down list.
- Wait until the software issues are fixed.
- Reopen the QuickBooks and download the updates again.
The update error will be resolved after applying these methods.
You read why QuickBooks desktop update error 15240 blocks the software and payroll updates. The practical methods to rectify the error are also described. We hope you’ll use them to eliminate this update error from your QuickBooks.
If you face any issues while applying the methods, consult a QB professional at +1-855-948-3646 to terminate them quickly.
Read more about articlegood.com