Many people are tired of having bed bugs in their homes. These small insects are known to feed on the blood of humans as well as animals. Bed bugs can easily live in the bed, carpet, clothing, as well as other things. They are highly active when the lights are off and people are sleeping.
Bed bugs are 1 to 7mm long and are usually oval-shaped, flat, as well as reddish-brown in color. There are no serious cases of bed bug bites but they can be itchy and cause an allergic reaction. This is the reason that getting rid of the bed bugs with the help of pest control Morphett Vale professionals is highly essential. Otherwise, you may end up feeling miserable.
What are the symptoms of bed bug bites?
There is no immediate reaction to the bed bug bites because they excrete a small amount of anesthetic before biting. It can take some days for the symptoms of bed bugs to bite on your skin. However, you can see the skin getting red and swollen. If there are multiple bits then that area will appear to have a line or cluster. Seeking professional or medical advice after bed bugs bite is important otherwise it may become more infected or start to bleed.
Difference between bed bug bites and flea bites
According to pest control Morphett Vale experts, the bed bug bites as well as flea bites are almost similar. You can see red bumps on the skin after the bite and it can get very itchy. Fleas mostly target the lower half of the body which means warm or moist areas near the joints such as feet, legs, armpits, elbows, knees, etc. Whereas, bed bugs are known to target the upper part of the body like hands, arms, face, or neck.
Getting bed bug bites is more dangerous than flea bites which are why one should get professional pest control management to get both bed bugs as well as fleas. This way you can remain safe from their bites.
Risks related to bed bugs
Many people ignore the importance of calling in Pest Control Morphett Vale professionals until they face risks related to bed bugs. Having bed bugs in your home or any other place is a threat to your health and mental peace. It can even lead your baby or pets to danger. In case you or any of your family member get bitten by a bed bug then there can be potential signs or symptoms of serious infection that includes:
- Feeling serious pain or tenderness after getting bitten.
- Redness, swelling, as well as some warmth at the infected area.
- There can be pus or drainage after getting bitten.
- You can also face dimpling of the skin.
Effective ways to get rid of bed bug infestation
Bed bug infestation can hamper your way of living a peaceful life. Taking bed bug infestation for granted can make you sick for days and months. Here are some of the effective and simple ways to get rid of bed bug infestation at your place:
- Avoid storing things in bed – Storing things in your bed allow bed bugs to hide near the mattress. You might also end up storing an infested item. So, avoid doing this.
- Use plastic containers for storage – It is difficult for bed bugs to crawl on smooth surfaces such as glass or plastic. This is the reason that one should store important items in plastic containers to control bed bug infestation.
- Hire professionals – Calling in pest control Morphett Vale professionals is the best and effective way to get rid of the bed bug infestation immediately.
- Get rid of clutter – Avoid spreading clutter around your places such as your clothes or other stuff. This way you can protect your important items from getting infected.
- Vacuum daily – This method of vacuuming your home can help you get rid of stray bed bugs.
No more bed bugs
To get rid of the pests like bed bugs completely it is essential to know everything related to it. Also, it is essential to stay safe from bed bug bites as they can hamper your health and productivity. Once you get to know about bed bugs, it will be easy for you to identify them at your place.