Getting QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001? Try these Instant Fixes!!
Organizations use this software to manage their business finances, creating paychecks, etc. There is no doubt that QuickBooks offers various benefits to its users. But still, it is prone to certain technical glitches and bugs. QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 is one of the most common errors that the users might get stuck with, while opening the company file. Every time the error occurs, it appears with the following error message on your computer screen indicating:
“QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user”.
Users might also get QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001 when the file is located in a read-only network folder. However, there are numerous other reasons that lead to this error and we have discussed them in the further section of this blog. Alongside, quick hacks for the error have also been elaborated.
Are you searching for instant help to figure out QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001? If yes, then don’t panic and connect with our highly-certified professionals anytime by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.
What Causes QuickBooks Enterprise error code 6073?
One of the reasons behind the QuickBooks Enterprise Error Code 6073 is using the older version of QuickBooks Desktop. We have mentioned some of the other reasons behind the error, which are as follows:
- You have opened the file on a different computer in single-user mode.
- If the data is stored on a Linux server, and many sets of login credentials are used to access the shared folder.
- The users may face problems while accessing the file that has already been accessed by remote software. As a result, it displays that the host server is already logged in.
Best Troubleshooting Methods To Rectify QuickBooks Company File Error -6073, -99001
If you cannot access the company file due to QuickBooks company file error -6073, -99001? Then, don’t worry and try these simple methods to fix the error right away with ease.
Read More: QuickBooks Not Working After Windows Update
Solution 1: Perform Manual Instructions to fix Error -6073, -99001
Below are the different steps you have to apply as per the situation in which you encounter QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001.
Steps to follow when the company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
- To initiate the process, exit from the QuickBooks application on all computers.
- Now, you need to open the company file on the host PC.
- Following that, move to the File menu, then tap on the Switch to Multi-user mode.
- Finally, reboot all workstations if the problem persists.
Steps to follow when the company file is open in Single User mode on the Host computer.
- Click on the QuickBooks File menu, then choose Close Company.
- Now, you need to open the company file again. Further, hover your cursor on the File menu, then select Open or Restore Company.
- Next, you have to click on the Open a company file.
- Later on, choose your data file and then click Open file in multi-user mode followed by Open.
Know More About: QuickBooks Administrator Permissions Needed Issue
Steps to follow when your company file is located in a read-only network folder
- Firstly, you have to move to the computer hosting your company file.
- Locate the folder containing your company file, right-click on it and choose the Properties option.
- Tap on the Security tab and then choose the users facing issues while logging in and click Edit.
- Mark the checkbox of Allow for Full Control.
- Finally, click Apply and then Ok option.
Solution 2: Make Use Of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Ensure that you have already installed the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, open the QB Tool Hub and tap on the Company File Issues tab.
- Move to the Run QuickBooks File Doctor and let the tool run.
- Now, pick your company file from the drop-down menu.
- Later on, tap on the Check your file option followed by the Continue option.
- Insert the QB admin password correctly into the required fields and then click Next.
Summing It Up!!
We assure you that this blog will help you resolve QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001. You can also use Quick fix My Programs to repair the damage in the QB application. If still, you have any doubt, get directly in contact with our professionals by dialing the toll-free number +1(855)-738-0359.