First, let’s start this talk with this question why do users move to Office 365?
- Office 365 is a cloud-based software.
- Users can create multiple accounts on Office 365.
- users can access Office 365 at anytime from anywhere.
GroupWise to Office 365 Mailbox migration is a difficult task, in general, but it becomes an extremely easy task withShoviv. There is a manual method, and third-party tools are available for this process. Still, users are recommended to use the third-party tool instead. The reason behind refusing the manual method is as listed below:
- Highly complicated method.
- Time taking method even takes hours and hours to complete.
- No surety of complete data migration.
- Hence the high chances of data loss.
So, it is clear why one must use the third-party tool for migrating GroupWise to Office 365 Mailbox. Now let’s talk about which tool is the best fit for the GroupWise to Office 365 Mailbox Migration job? The answer is Shoviv GroupWise to Office 365 Migration tool. Here are the reasons why it is the best fit.
Noticeable features of Shoviv GroupWise to Office 365 Migration tool:
- Multiple connectivity: This tool provides multiple connectivity options to its users, which makes the process much more flexible.
- PST Split: The split PST option is provided in this tool, which works when users want to export GroupWise mailboxes in PST files. This split PST option is useful to keep safe PST files from corruption, which occurs due to its over-size.
- Preview: This tool provides a preview before performing the migration, which comes very handy to users to cross-check the data before processing.
- Folder Mapping: Users can map the source GroupWise mailboxes with the Office 365 mailboxes manually or automatically. Here users can move the GroupWise mailboxes to the public folder or archive mailboxes.
- Item filter is the option facilitated in this tool, and that proves to be very useful in case users want to filter out some particular data as per requirement.
- This utility can be used for free in the demo version. This demo version allows users to migrate and save the first 50 items per folder.
How to use the Shoviv tool
It is easy to surf the Shoviv tool to complete the migration task. Well, Shoviv’s GUI is so simple that even a novice can make use of it. The process for GroupWise to Office 365 Mailbox Migration is as follows:
- First, download and install the Shoviv tool on your PC/Laptop.
- Open the utility, move to the ribbon bar and tap on the Add GroupWise
- A wizard will appear, choose any mode out of the mentioned modes, provide the required credentials, and tap on The mentioned modes in this wizard are as follows:
- Online mode (with include proxy checkbox)
- Cache path mailbox
- Remote path mailbox
- Now go to the dashboard and tap on Office 365
- A wizard will appear with some sub-folders, where users can include/exclude the sub-folders of the mailbox as per the need, then press
- Now in this wizard, tap on Fetch all mailboxes from the office 365 radio button, provide the credentials for the same, and proceed with
- Here map the source GroupWise mailboxes with the target mailboxes and tap on the Next button to jump to the filter wizard.
- In this wizard, users use the filter based on item type and date range and even do the folder mapping between the folders of the source and the target mailbox and then are required to press
- The process of migration will start, and the log report will generate. Users can download this log report in HTML format and keep it with them for future use.
you have seen in the article how handily and swiftly Shoviv GroupWise to Office 365 Migration tool works. The graphical user interface of this tool is very simple. It comes with essential features e.g., filter, folder mapping, PST split, and many more to ease the practice of data handling. We all know that in the business world, how important the data is so make the right move. It is totally up to users whether to use a manual method or a third-party tool and if using a third-party tool then which one.
Note: GroupWise to Office 365 Migration tool Provides a free demo version as well.