This guide steps you through two ways to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. It contains a manual and an automated Lotus Notes to Outlook converter tool to make this process more user-friendly. Even though the manual method has numerous drawbacks and challenges, we will also discuss them in this writing.
Let’s learn a few facts about converting notes email to Outlook before going into the ways.
Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion: Why?
Migrating from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook is desirable for its benefits and reasons. There are a few essential explanations:
- In terms of performance and cost proficiency, Microsoft Outlook exceeds Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Outlook can make mailboxes accessible offline.
- MS Outlook provides more attractive security and data management options. Lotus Notes lags distant in all these things.
- Lotus Notes permits the creation of a single account per user. One Outlook user may manage several accounts and tasks.
- Outlook is more user-friendly for meeting scheduling. Lotus notes do agreeable such occurrences. It encourages Lotus Notes users to move Notes email to Outlook.
- Lotus Notes may be too difficult for novices, but Outlook is simple to use for anyone.
- MS Outlook’s data handling capabilities are adequate.
Let’s simplify how to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook using possible methods.
Manual method- For Lotus Note to PST
To avoid data loss while manually transferring Notes emails to Outlook, prepare a backup copy of the original NSF database.
Step 1 – Generate a CSV format of IBM notes files:
To begin, convert Lotus Notes NSF files to CSV format by following the procedures framed below:
- Open your IBM Lotus Notes profile in your system’s IBM Lotus Notes application.
- Now go to the File tab >> Open button >> Lotus Notes Application.
- In the next step, press Open to open the needed NSF file. The IBM Notes file you chose is now being opened here.
- Then, choose Export from the File menu of the program to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- Next, input the file name, location, and saving type in the Export dialogue
- Select the comma-separated value format to secure the NSF file.
- In the next pane, a CSV Export dialogue box opens. When you’ve finished making all of your choices, click OK.
- The exported NSF data is saved in the CSV file format at the specified location.
- The NSF data is exported to a CSV file to Notes email to Outlook.
Step 2- Import CSV into Outlook profile:
- Installing Microsoft Outlook is the first step.
- Select Import/Export from the File menu on the Open & Export tab in Outlook.
- Immediately after that, the dialogue box for the Import and Export Wizard opened. The Import from another program or file option is available. The next step is to click on the Next button to continue.
- To convert Lotus Notes to Outlook, use the Comma Separated Values (.csv) file format. Return to the previous screen and click Next.
- Now go to the CSV file you prepared previously using Lotus Notes’ Export command and select it. Choose the solutions that best satisfy the demands of the users.
- Then, click on the MS Outlook folder and press the Next button to choose where to save the exported data.
- In the Import a File box, click the Finish button to finish. You can use it again to change the user’s location or map custom fields.
- And at last, the “CSV file” data will be able to be imported into “MS Outlook.”
There are some problems with the above method:
- A task takes a very long time to finish because it takes a lot of time.
- If you use this method, there is a high chance that you will damage any NSF files on the system.
- It would help if you had the highest computer and data conversion skills.
- This method is not able to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook in its entirety.
You can convert Notes email to Outlook without hassles using a specialized solution.
Lotus Notes to Outlook converter software:
This software has a great way to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. It lets you process as many NSF files as you want at once. This program’s user-friendly interface and advanced features make it a one-stop solution. This Lotus Notes to Outlook converter does not affect the data or folder structure.
Steps to Convert Lotus Notes NSF to PST:
- Install Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter first.
- Click Add NSFs. (Users may add one or several files at once).
- Click Ok after browsing the NSF file.
- Now click Outlook PST on the ribbon bar.
- Check/uncheck the subdirectory and click Next.
- Now, use the filter dialogue box to your desire.
- Set a target folder. Users may establish a password and divide the PST file. Next click.
- Wait for the conversion to finish. After conversion, users may see and store log reports.
This guide explained to you how to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. The manual way is free; you may lose all your priceless data. Hence, Users can use Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter for the hassle-free transfer notes email to Outlook. This software comes with a free demo version that is easy to evaluate from Notes email to outlook.