Office 365 provides a safe and secure cloud space for users to keep their business records. But still, many of the time, users are looking to forage for taking down the Office 365 data into the PST. There can be many reasons behind this practice, and the ultimate cause would be safeguarding the Office 365 data. In this piece of article, we’ll talk about certain aspects that revolve around export the Office 365 mailbox to PST discussion. There are numerous ways to get down the Office 365 data, and here we’ll discuss the two.
Reasons for Exporting Office 365 Mailboxes to PST?
- When an employee leaves the organization admin deletes its mailbox to cut down on the subscription fee.
- A particular piece of information is needed on a repetitive basis.
- Users do also like to backup the Office 365 mailboxes to preserve against any corruption on Office 365 cloud.
Along with these points, each user can have their own reasons to export Office 365 mailbox to PST.
Two Methods that we learn about are:
- The Content Search and eDiscovery Method.
- Automated Method Using a Professional Utility.
Method1: Content Search and eDiscovery
For using the eDiscovery method, users must have the eDiscovery Manager role in the Microsoft 365 Compliance center. The Global Admin, by default, does not have these roles but can grasp this role by going as follows:
Stage1: Getting a Permission for Export
- Firstly login to the Office 365 Admin Center entering the credentials of your Office 365 account.
- From the menu, tap on Compliance to reach Compliance Admin Center.
- Hit Permissions.
- Under the Compliance Center, open Roles.
- Choose eDiscovery manager and select Export from the assigned roles.
- Then click on eDiscovery Administrator.
- Press Add, look for your account, add it to the list and press the Save button.
Now, we have got the permission to start or perform the Content search task to export Office 365 mailbox to PST. Let’s begin:
Stage2: Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- Visit the Office 365 Compliance center.
- Click on Content Search from the left pane under the Solutions.
- Enter the name and description to hit Next.
- Tap on Status beside Exchange Mailboxes to “On” it, then click on Choose users, groups, or teams.
- The wizard will appear, search the mailbox you want to export, and then click on Done.
- Now users can leave the conditions empty and hit Next.
- Review the Search that you have formed and click on Submit.
- A search will start. It takes a while to complete a search wait until unless it shows completed under the status column.
- Once it shows completed, click on the respective Mailbox > then Actions > choose Export Results.
- Choose the suitable option under the Output Options and Export Exchange Content, and then click Export.
- After a while, the Export will be ready, copy the Export key, then scroll up to click on the Download results from the top mailbox wizard.
- A new tab will open; click Open on the security warning.
- An eDiscovery Export Tool will appear, paste the copied key browse the path where you want to save the resultant PST, and hit Start.
By using this lethargic and long method, users can export Office 365 mailbox to PST or choose the automated tool for better exportation.
Method2: An Automated Tool
Shoviv Office 365 backup tool comes with dual facilities in a single interface. It works for Office 365 backup and restores as well. Users can make their Office 365 export mailbox to PST without hassle.
Step1: Download the Shoviv Office 365 Backup tool, install it, and open it.
Step2: Tap on Connect Office 365 mailbox from the ribbon bar, enter the project name and credentials to hit Connect.
Step3: Click on Backup Directory, enter your name, browse the path, and hit OK.
Step4: Now click on Backup Jobs from the ribbon bar.
Step5: Provide job name, select project name, backup directory name, and hit Next.
Step6: Select Mailboxes accordingly to hit Next.
Step7: Use Filters as per the need and proceed.
Step8: Enter with thread counts, perform PST split, etc., and tap Next.
Step9: Schedule the Export process accordingly and press Next.
Step10: The Status of the filled entries will be shown; cross-check it to hit Finish.
If users had chosen “Job Run Manually” can start the created backup job in mere a click at any time, otherwise the job will run automatically.
In this way, users can securely and swiftly export Office 365 export mailbox to PST.
The two methods, one is Content Search and the other using the Shoviv Office 365 Backup tool has been discussed. Users are free to choose any of the two or exclusively other. Moreover, if the process interrupts, the manual method requires users to repeat the process. Contrarily, the Shoviv Office 365 Backup tool provides progress resuming ability to the users in the interruption scenarios. Furthermore, if users like to try out the Shoviv tool to export Office 365 mailbox to PST can use its FREE demo version.