Are you trying to restore a corrupted BKF file because you have one? If so, stay reading because we’ll show you how to open BKF files on Windows 10, 8, and 7, among other operating systems, as well as how to recover data from BKF file.
We are all aware that the NT Backup program backs up files on Windows systems. A backup file made by the Windows Backup utility, which is a part of Microsoft Windows versions NT through XP, is referred to as a BKF. When storing files and data on a computer’s ZIP drive, BKF files are often used to protect, backup, and recover them. Therefore, we’ll demonstrate in this post how to open BKF files on Windows 10, 8, and 7 both manually and automatically in order to recover data from BKF file. It’s important to first comprehend how it might be corrupted.
Some Main Reasons for BKF File Corruption
File corruption in any format is frequent in today’s digital world, yet it may sometimes have fatal results. Like all files, BKF files may become corrupt for a variety of reasons.
- Unexpected system shutdown: The BKF file becomes corrupt as a result of the unexpected system shutdown. For instance, the file may get corrupted and the data may be lost if you are working on a backup file and the system crashes in the midst of it.
- One of the most frequent causes of BKF file corruption is virus infection. Any third-party application obtained from an untrusted source has the potential to infect the computer with malware, corrupting the BKF file.
- User Error: Users are also to blame for the corruption of backup files. An example of a human error that may ruin the BKF file is installing third-party software from an unreliable source and adding corrupt material to the backup file.
- There are many more causes of BKF file corruption, but for the time being, we’ll focus on finding ways to rescue these files.
Extract Corrupted BKF File by Using Manual Solution
Microsoft comes with a tool called NT5Backup.cab that can fix BKF files. Let’s see how the procedures listed below may be used to extract data from BKF file.
- The user must first access the folder containing expand before running as an administrator.
- The Removable Store Service notification will then appear, and you must choose OK.
- A new window with the text Welcome to the backup or restore wizard will now appear on your screen. By selecting Next, you may continue.
- Click the Next button after selecting the Restore file and configuration option.
- The user must now click Browse and choose the BKF file. Hit the OK button after choosing the file.
- The user must then expand the left pane and choose the necessary file and folder. Next, press the OK button.
- Click on Advanced after finishing the aforementioned step.
- The user must now choose the original location option from the Restore file drop-down menu in order to save the final file. Next, choose the Next button.
- The user may finally select Finish to wrap up the process of fixing the damaged BKF file.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
The manual method has several limitations but helps the user recover data from BKF file. Users should be aware of these disadvantages before manually correcting a faulty BKF file. Here are a few of them:
- To recover BKF data, a time-consuming method with several stages must be followed.
- The native tool can only sort out mild corruption levels since it lacks the ability to deal with severe corruption.
- Exe utility only works in Windows versions higher than XP and in cases when the user has shared .dll executable files.
- By utilising this automatic application, you can fix corrupted .bkf files if you are having trouble doing it manually. It is the ideal and trustworthy method for fixing BKF files. It is specifically designed to easily recover data from BKF file.
Method #2: Using Automatic Solution
Use this automatic 4n6 BKF Recovery Tool if you are having trouble manually fixing corrupted.bkf files. It is the ideal and trustworthy method for recovering BKF files. It is specifically designed to easily recover data from a damaged BKF file.
Steps – How to Use this BKF Recovery Software?
- Download the BKF recovery software and then install it on your on your windows platform
- After that click on the open button and then choose the BKF file option and upload the files
- Eventually, click on the Action button and then choose the Extract button
- Finally, choose the desired location path and then click the save button
In addition, the program provides a wealth of capabilities and a positive user experience.
Highlighted Features of BKF Recovery Software
- Large-size damaged BKF files may be added and fixed with this utility.
- It is not prohibited to add numerous BKF files and recover data from BKF file all at once.
- It contains user-friendly features that make recovering the BKF file relatively straightforward.
- You may upload numerous BKF files with this program, and it also guarantees data integrity.
- The program can also restore damaged Symantec backups, Veritas backups, etc.
- This utility also enables the user to examine the recovered file in a tree structure when the scanning of the BKF file is complete.
- Windows OS systems 95, NT, 98, 2000, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 are all compatible with the utility.
I have addressed how to open BKF files in Windows 10, 8, and 7 and provided examples of how to recover data from BKF file via this blog. We have examined both the manual and automatic methods for opening and restoring BKF files. It is highly advised to use professional software, such as the BKF Recovery application, as the DIY technique (manual one), which has various drawbacks. Users must download the tool’s free trial version in order to test it out.