How to Save Outlook Contacts As CSV in Bulk?
Articlegood | In this blog, we’ll show you how to save Outlook Contacts as CSV files without Outlook installation. There are two methods to do the task, manual and automated method to export contacts from Outlook to CSV in a hassle-free manner.
As we all know, CSV stands for comma separated values file for text stores data in tabular form. It is a very special type of file that you can create or edit in any program which supports this file. Instead of storing the data in columns, a CSV file stores data separated by commas.
It may happen sometimes that you need to save your Outlook contacts as a CSV file. When text and numbers are saved in a CSV file, then they can be easily moved from one program to another. Whether you are saving to another email client or making a regular backup of your Outlook data, it is crucial to export all the contact details to a CSV file without any data loss. Therefore, we have mentioned both manual and automated solutions for exporting Outlook contact into CSV files. If you have Microsoft Outlook installed in your system then you can go with a manual method. And, if you want to extract Outlook contacts from PST to CSV file without using Outlook application then you can go with the automated solution.
Export Outlook Contacts to CSV As Manual Method
Microsoft Outlook provides a special wizard that makes exporting contacts to CSV files easy and fast. In just a few minutes, you will have your contacts from Outlook to CSV file format.
To save Outlook contacts into CSV format, follow these simple steps:-
- Launch and install Microsoft Outlook on your system and click on the File menu.
- Then, click on Open & Export and hit Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file and click on Next.
- Now, select the Comma Separated Values and click on the Next Button.
- Choose the contacts folder from the list and hit on the Next.
- Browse to select the desired location where you want to save the output CSV file and click on the Next.
- After that, applying all the settings, finally click on the Finish Button to start the conversion process.
Drawbacks of Manual Method
- It allows exporting many fields to CSV files, but not all of them.
- Using manual methods requires technical expertise and granular knowledge.
- Filtering and rearranging the mapped field is a time-consuming task.
- Sometimes it freezes and crashes the application that leads to file corruption or data loss.
Exporting Multiple Outlook Contacts into CSV Without Outlook – Automated Solution
There are many manual solutions available for saving Outlook contacts to CSV files. But to move contacts from PST files without Outlook, there is no manual process available. So, if you want to transfer PST to CSV file format without Outlook installation, use the Outlook PST Export software which is the most suitable option. It provides an option to save the multiple PST files individually or add the folder containing all the PST files at once into the tool for a fast conversion.
Steps to Save Outlook Contacts to CSV Using Software
Follow the below mentioned steps to export contacts from Outlook PST file to CSV without facing any hassle:-
- Download the software and Add PST contacts file into the software.
- Now, select the File option if you have a single PST file. Select the folder option if you have multiple PST files in a folder.
- Then, click on the Export button to continue saving Outlook contacts to the CSV file.
- After that, Export option to select the CSV option & browse to select the destination location to the save output file.
- Finally, hit on the Export Button and you’ve successfully exported all the contacts of Outlook to the CSV file.
This is how we save Outlook contacts into a CSV file without losing any data file.
In this blog, we have discussed a complete solution to save Outlook contacts as CSV files. In the above write up we have explained both manual and automated solutions to perform the conversion process. If you are using a manual method you need to install an Outlook application in your system. But, on the other hand, if you’re using an automated solution, you don’t need to install Outlook. It is an expert recommended solution to export multiple Outlook contacts as CSV files without facing any error. So, choice as per your requirement.