Import Contacts from PST to Gmail – Follow Expert Guide
You cannot import contacts from PST to Gmail directly since the PST file belongs to MS Outlook and is limited to only a few platforms. On the other hand, Gmail accepts contacts in either a .csv format or .vcf. Therefore, you must first transform the contact files in either of the two formats and then import them into Google.
It is common to see users switching from one email client to another for the facilities being provided. Businesses in general, prefer using Outlook over Gmail for its advanced features. According to a survey, Gmail owns over 38% of the market whereas Outlook has only 9% of the market share. This sums up the reason why the need of importing contacts from PST to Gmail is so often observed.
User Query: “I have been using Outlook email client but I have to import its contact list into my Gmail account so that I can use it on web anywhere. I have exported the contacts in PST file and cannot find a way to add them to Gmail. How do I perform this method in an easy way?”
In this blog, we shall see different methods that will help you move your contact list from PST format into Gmail seamlessly.
How to Import Contacts from PST to Gmail?
The first way that we shall discuss is the professional method. Since data is important to all of us, we must not risk it and hence go for the Outlook contacts to vCard converter. It offers several advanced benefits and protects your data from getting breached while transforming it.
- Import multiple PST contacts into Gmail in a single attempt.
- Supports corrupt, orphaned, password-protected PST files.
- Does not require the installation of MS Outlook on your system.
- Compatible with PST files from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- Processes all fields and attributes of the PST contacts.
Guide for Importing Contacts from PST File to Gmail
Using a professional tool for importing the contacts is the smartest way of migrating the contacts from a PST file to other platforms like Gmail. Below-given are the steps one must follow:
- First, download the software on your system and install it. Now, click on Add File option.
- The tool provides the feature to automatically fetch the files for you. You can opt for it. Once you browse the contacts, it will scan them and add them to the interface.
- In the next screen, you will get a complete preview of the fields of these source files.
- At last, choose the CSV option from the list and browse a local location to save it. Hit on Export.
These steps will generate a file that you can import into Gmail, perform the below-given steps for this:
- Sign in to your Google account & select the Google Menu option
- Tap on the Contacts application and then click on the Import button
- Later on, select CSV files & click on Open to load them.
Done! This way you can successfully add PST contacts.
Manually Import PST Contact List into Gmail Account
The manual steps are described next. This method is easy to execute. Users must be aware that this requires you to install and configure Outlook on their systems.
- Open MS Outlook, choose File, and select the “Open & Export” option.
- Now, choose “Import/Export” & choose “Export to a File” > Next
- Select Comma Separated Values > Next & select a Contacts folder
- Give a location to save this file & hit on OK button
- Map the Custom Fields on another window & select Finish
To complete importing the contacts, users must perform the the same steps that are given below:
- Log in to the Google account and choose the “Google Menu” option.
- Click on the Contacts application & now select the Import button.
- Finally, choose the CSV files and then select the Open button to load them.
Read More: How to Pick Between Different Options for the Best SEO Software
We have learned how to import contacts from PST to Gmail using two completely different methods. Users can choose to follow any of these ways as per their requirements. The former professional method is the perfect utility to execute the task in a safe and secure environment. It is a well known brand that helps users to execute the migration process with ease and produces expert & accurate results.