To begin with, SQL stands for Structured Query Language and it helps in maintaining relational databases. In addition, this language is useful in inserting, searching, updating, and deleting database records.
Types of Commands In SQL
- Data Definition Language (DDL)- It changes the structure of a table and commands in it are auto-committed means they save the changes permanently. Examples are CREATE, ALTER, DROP, TRUNCATE.
- Data Manipulation Language (DML)- These commands are responsible for making modifications to the database. In addition, they are not auto committed and can’t permanently save the changes. Examples are INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE.
- Data Control Language (DCL)- They are useful in granting the authority and taking it back from any database user. Examples are is GRANT, REVOKE.
- Transaction Control Language (TCL)- TCL commands can only be used with DML commands and cannot be used while creating or dropping a table. Examples are COMMIT, ROLLBACK, SAVEPOINT.
- Data Query Language (DQL)- DCL commands are used to fetch the data from the database. It consists of only one command that is SELECT.
Features Of SQL
SQL is an easy-to-implement language and helps a user in creating, updating, and retrieving data from a database. Above all, the primary objective of this language is to define and manipulate the data in the database. In addition, it helps in creating a view, stored procedure, function in a database. To further learn about its workings, one can visit SQL Online Training In India. Given below are some of the significant features of SQL.
- Client-server execution and remote database access- SQL helps in maintaining a relationship with a server & a client.
- Advanced SQL- It provides recursive queries, decision-supporting queries, and also query supporting areas.
- Embedded SQL- This technology is capable of embedding host languages such as C, COBOL.
- Security and authentication- SQL provides security as it allows only some specific details of the database is to be shown.
Benefits Of Using SQL
- Is Open Source- SQL is an open-source tool that helps in building relational database management systems. In addition, it is cost-effective and user-friendly and even the new users can operate it without much difficulty.
- Ensures High Performance- This tool provides high performance and is capable of dealing with highly transactional, heavy workload, and high usage database systems. In addition, it further facilitates organizing and describing the data.
- Facilitates High Availability- This tool can integrate with other databases such as MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and many others. Thus, it helps in easily creating an application extension for procedural programming.
- Provides Scalability and Flexibility- SQL is a flexible and scalable platform. It consists of various commands that help in creating new tables or deleting a previously created table.
- Has Robust Transactional Support- This tool helps in dealing with large data records. In addition, it is also capable of managing multiple transactions at once.
- Ensures High Security- With SQL, a user can easily provide permissions on tables, procedures, and views. Thus, providing security to your data and keeping it safe from unauthorized access.
- Comprehensive Application Development- This technology also helps in developing applications for accessing a database. Thus, proving helpful for various large and small organizations.
- Management Ease- This application has universal uses and it is used in almost all databases. It is because it assists in managing a large amount of data from a database effectively and efficiently.
Career Opportunities In SQL
In today’s corporate era, businesses run on data. In addition, it is very often for companies to face issues in storing and organizing this collected data. SQL is a tool that helps companies deal with a vast amount of data on daily basis and maintain their database. Therefore, SQL is one of the most used and demanding technical skills in the world. It provides several career opportunities and therefore, many SQL Training Institute in Noida provides courses in it and one can enrol in them to start a career in it. Given below are some of the job titles and career opportunities that require SQL.
- SQL Database Administrator
- SQL Big Data Expert
- Data Application Interface Developer
- BI Application Developer
- Database Migration Engineer
- Cloud Database Expert
- BI Administrator
- Database Testers
- SQL Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- BI Reporting Engineer
- Database Developer