Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed: Experts Solutions
QuickBooks is an excellent accounting software that is used by businesses worldwide. Intuit Data Protect is one of the tools present in QuickBooks, and it is used to backup all the files and folders of QuickBooks.
There are, however, times when Intuit Data Protect Backup fails to work correctly. As a result, users find that their important files and folders are vulnerable due to the failure of the backup service.
If you get an error message that reads “Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed: Firewall or Connection Issue’’, then this blog is for you.
To resolve Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed Error quickly, you can dial 1-855-948-3646 to contact our QuickBooks support team straightaway.
Most Common Reasons for Intuit Data Protect Stopped Working
Intuit Data Protect can stop working due to following reasons:
- If the Firewall program in your computer is blocking the Intuit Data Protect (IDP) service, then IDP can stop working.
- If the IBuEngHost.exe file runs as a Windows user, this error can get triggered.
- The QuickBooks and IDP service on your system may be outdated. This can be the reason for this error.
You may read also : QuickBooks Registration Error
Important Step to Follow Before Implementing Each Method to Resolve Intuit Data Protect Backup Error
Before you implement any method to resolve Intuit Data Protect Backup Error, you need to backup your files using the IDP service. If it is not working, you can move on to the next method.
Reliable Techniques to Resolve Intuit Data Protect Unsuccessful Backup
Here’re some of the reliable techniques to resolve the Intuit Data Protect Unsuccessful backup:
Technique 1: Ensure that IDP service has access to your Firewall program
- On your keyboard, press the ‘Windows’ key.
- Write ‘Firewall’ in the search field on your screen.
- Navigate to the ‘Allow an app through Windows Firewall’ option.
- Click on the ‘Allow another app’ tab.
- You should now click on the ‘Browse’ tab and navigate to the location: ‘Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect’.
- Choose the file with the name ‘QBIDPservice.exe’ and click ‘open’.
- Now click the ‘Network Types’ tab and click on the ‘Private’ checkbox.
- Choose the ‘Add’ option.
- You should now repeat the previous two steps for the ‘IBuEngHost.exe’ and ‘IntuitDataProtect.exe’ files.
- If you receive the message that these files already exist, your firewall issue is now solved.
Technique 2: Ensure that the ‘IBuEngHost.exe’ file is running as a system user
Step 1: Check the status of the ‘IBuEngHost.exe’ file
- You should open the ‘Task manager’ by right-clicking your Windows Taskbar.
- Click on the ‘Details’ tab.
- Ensure that the ‘IBuEngHost.exe’ file has the user name as ‘system’ and its status is ‘running’.
If the user name is ‘Windows’, go to the next step.
Step 2: Change the user name of this file to ‘system’
- Download a fresh installer for the QB application of your version.
- Navigate to the location of your installer.
- Choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option by right-clicking the installer.
- After the installation, search for the ‘IBuEngHost.exe’ file in your Task Manager again.
- Ensure that the status of this file is ‘running’ and the user name is ‘system’.
Technique 3: Download the latest version of QuickBooks and IDP service
Step 1: Download the newest release of the QuickBooks
- Close the QB on your computer and all the company files.
- Navigate to your computer’s Windows ‘Start’ menu and open it.
- Now enter ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ in the search field.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and Choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Help’ menu and then choose the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Now click on the ‘Options’ tab and after that choose the option ‘Select All’.
- You should now select the option ‘Save.’
- Navigate to the ‘Update Now’ tab and choose the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- Now click on the option ‘Get Updates.’
- After finishing the updates, close the QB application.
- Open the QuickBooks application again and click on the ‘Yes’ tab to install the updates.
- start your computer again after the installation is finished.
Step 2: Download the latest update of Intuit Data Protect
- Open your QuickBooks application.
- Click on the ‘Help’ menu and choose the ‘Update QuickBooks’ option.
- You should now click on the ‘Update Now’ button.
- Choose the ‘Data Protect’ option and click on the ‘Get Updates’ tab.
- Choose the arrow ^ on the desktop toolbar.
- You should right-click the ‘Intuit Data Protect’ icon.
- Now choose the ‘About Intuit Data Protect’ button.
- Click on the ‘Update’ tab.
- After the update is finished, click on the ‘OK’ tab.
In this blog, we discussed the Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed problem. We learned the causes of this error and various methods to rectify it. Implementing each method in the correct sequence to eliminate this error is very essential.
For further technical help and support, dial 1-855-948-3646 to contact our QuickBooks Support Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6129