Of all the problems faced by users, the backup problem in QuickBooks is that the worst. Data is that the most essential aspect of any business and any damage to the information could be a nightmare for users. If you tried to copy your data and also the QuickBooks backup failed, there are often some possible reasons for this issue. Don’t panic! It’s a reasonably common problem and a few solutions which will encourage be effective. Keep reading this text, to understand the way to solve the QuickBooks backup not working problem.
If you’re unable to perform the steps and want help with fixing the difficulty, you’ll get up-to-date with our technical team at +1-855-856-0042 for assistance.
Why Am I Facing a Backup Problem in QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks won’t backup problem will be caused by the subsequent reasons –
- The device containing the computer file is not any longer available.
- The file path for the computer file is inaccurate.
- The memory device storing the backup doesn’t have adequate space to carry the file.
- Damage within the company file you’re trying to backup will be one more reason for the backup to fail.
What to try and do once you Are Unable to Backup QuickBooks Company File?
Perform these steps, once you face the QuickBooks backup failed issue –
Step 1 – Fix the Network record Issues
To do this, try renaming the network file.
1. On Windows File Manager, open QuickBooks and locate the network record with .ND extension.
2. Right-click on the .ND file and choose Rename to switch its name.
3. Add .OLD at the top of the file name and save the changes made by hitting Enter.
4. Try creating an organization file backup again and see if the error is fixed.
Also see this: QuickBooks Error 1904
Step 2 – make sure that the File Path is Correct
Make sure that you simply aren’t using an incorrect file path and if you’re, change the file path to resolve the backup problem in QuickBooks.
1. move to the Preferences tab in your QuickBooks Desktop and open the Backup Options section.
2. Under the Local Backup section, review that the backup directory features a valid path.
3. If it doesn’t, Browse for the correct folder location and save the backup.
4. Select Create Backup if you wish to vary the backup path.
Step 3 – Check if the Device Storage is Sufficient
Check if the storage is sufficient on the backup device to make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop backup error isn’t caused by insufficient space. For this, check the error message and if it says to unencumber space, delete unnecessary files and make space in your backup device.
Step 4 – Verify the corporate File and Rebuild it
Use the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility if your QuickBooks cannot backup company file.
1. From the QuickBooks File menu, move to Utilities and choose Verify Data.
2. If there are issues detected, select Rebuild Data and let the tool run.
3. Once done, see if you’ll create a corporation file backup.
You may also like to see: QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
Step 5 – Run Anti-Virus/Malware Scan
Run a radical antivirus or anti-malware scan on your PC by using any trusted antivirus or anti-malware tool. The step is very important if the QuickBooks® backup error is caused by some malware or virus intrusion.
Step 6 – Update QuickBooks® Software
You may must reinstall QuickBooks® software if the backup error persists. However, that’s not a perfect solution, as you may should undergo the whole QuickBooks® setup again.
Alternatively, you’ll check for the software updates. Installing the most recent updates may fix the QuickBooks® unable to make a copy company file error.
To check and install the updates,
- Open QuickBooks® software and move to Help>Update QuickBooks…
- Click on Update Now
- Select the available updates and click on on the Get Updates button to download the updates
- Restart the software. it’ll prompt you to update, click Install or Yes and follow the update installation wizard
- After installing the updates, reboot the system
- Open the software and check out to make a copy your .QBW company files
The QuickBooks backup failed issue may be easily resolved with the above-provided steps. If the difficulty remains appearing, you’ll be able to contact us at +1-855-856-0042 for immediate assistance from our support team in fixing the matter.