QuickBooks Error 1402: Most Effective & Complete Resolutions
QuickBooks is excellently-designed accounting software that is equipped with a wide variety of tools. It is used by thousands of companies to efficiently manage their financial data.
Despite QuickBooks’ robust framework, some errors do occur in it. QuickBooks Error 1402 is one such error. It is triggered when the user tries to install the QB desktop on the system. Furthermore, this error can also arise while opening the QB after the installation.
Usually, an error message with the following description is displayed on the screen:‘Error 1402: QuickBooks has stopped working’.
You need to read this blog if you are also experiencing the same error.
Are you unable to quickly fix the QuickBooks Error 1402? Dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QuickBooks Experts team for professional advice and help.
Why am I confronting the QuickBooks Error Code 1402?
Here’re some of the most common reasons for the QuickBooks Error Code 1402:
- There may be some issues with the Windows components like Microsoft .NET framework and MSXML. This is one of the core factors responsible for this error.
- Damage to some installation files during the installation of QB often causes this error.
- Some apps on your computer like antivirus can also block the installation process of QB desktop.
You may read also : QuickBooks Company File Not Found
Most Effective Solutions to eliminate the QB Error Message 1402
You can implement the following solutions to eliminate the QB Error Message 1402:
Solution 1: Rectify the installation problems by running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Step 1: Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- As a first step, you should close the QuickBooks application on your system.
- Visit the official website of Intuit to download the newest version (22.214.171.124) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the file to a location where you can quickly find it like your desktop, downloads folder etc.
- You can now open the file that you have downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Complete the installation as per the on-screen instructions.
Step 2: Run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- Navigate to the QB tool hub icon on your QuickBooks and open it.
- Click on the ‘Program Problems’ option.
- You should now choose the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ and then click on it. The tool run will start the repairing process.
- After the run is finished, you should start the computer again.
- Open the QuickBooks application on your system again.
Solution 2: Repair the Windows components such as Microsoft .NET framework and MSXML
Step 1: Repairing the Microsoft .NET framework
- Navigate to the ‘Windows Taskbar’ and click on the ‘Search’ tab
- Write ‘Control Panel’ in the search field and press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- Choose the ‘Programs’ tab, In the ‘Control Panel’.
- Now choose the ‘Programs and Features’ button.
- You should now click on the ‘Uninstall a Program’ tab.
- Now strike the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ tab.
- You will now get many .NET frameworks on the screen.
- Hit the checkbox to turn on the .NET framework 4.5. If it is already on, turn off the feature.
Click on the ‘OK’ tab.
- Repeat the same process for .NET framework 3.5 SP1, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8.
Step 2: Repairing the MSXML
- Navigate to the Windows ‘Start’ menu.
- Write ‘cmd’ in the search field.
- Hit the ‘Run as Administrator’ tab.
- You should now type ‘cd\windows\syswow64’ in the C: prompt.
- Now write ‘regsvr32 MSXML6.dll’ and tap the ‘Enter’ button on your keyboard.
- Now you can install the QuickBooks desktop on your system.
Solution 3: Eliminate the error by installing QB in selective startup mode
- You should make a backup copy of your company file.
- Press the ‘Windows + R’ keys on the keyboard to open the ‘Run’ command.
- Type ‘msconfig’ in the required field and click on ‘OK.’
- Proceed to the ‘General’ tab and choose the option ‘Selective Startup’ and ‘Load System Services.’
- Navigate to the ‘Services’ tab and strike the ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ tab.
- Hit the ‘Disable All’ tab.
- Now uncheck the ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ checkbox.
- Choose the ‘Windows Installer’ checkbox from the list of services on your screen.
- Click on ‘OK’ tab.
- Now restart the system.
- Clean install the QuickBooks desktop after your system opens.
In this blog, you got a deep understanding of the QuickBooks Error 1402. You learnt the various causes of this error. Furthermore, you also read the solutions for this error.
If you want further help, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QuickBooks support team anytime, any day.
You may read also : Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed