QuickBooks is amongst one of the top-leading accounting software that is designed to handle accounting and bookkeeping tasks. The incomparable features of the QuickBooks Desktop not only helps in managing accounts. But, it also aids in the company’s financial well-being. Like any other software, it is susceptible to certain difficulties and technological faults. One of them is the QuickBooks Not Working After Windows Update that occurs while trying to open QB. When this type of issue happens, users usually don’t get an error, but the programme freezes. Furthermore, the QuickBooks Not Responding problem might be caused by a number of factors. We have covered all of the possible causes of the error along with the solutions to fix it in this blog.
Unable to open the QuickBooks Desktop and need immediate help to get rid of QuickBooks not working after windows update? Well, don’t worry and consult with one of our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.
Reasons Why QuickBooks not responding when opening issue Occurs
It is important to determine the causes why “QuickBooks not responding when opening” issue occurs so that you can run the QB application smoothly. To help you out, we have discussed some of the probable causes of the error below:
- The size of the company file is larger than the maximum size allowed.
- Sometimes, it might occur due to a damaged or missing QBWUSER.ini file.
- The Windows operating system you are using is damaged.
- Another reason may be the fault in the hard drive.
What are the best possible ways to fix QuickBooks stopped working issue?
Are you fed up with finding the appropriate way to resolve the QuickBooks “QuickBooks stopped working” issue? Don’t worry, you’ve arrived at the right location. We have provided some tried-and-tested remedies so you can quickly resolve the problem and get back to work.
Solution 1: Make Use of Quick Fix My Program From QuickBooks Tool Hub
Before using the Quick Fix My Program, it is essential to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system. If not then first install ikt from the official website of Intuit. Once downloaded, follow the on-screen instructions to install the QB Tool Hub successfully. Then, move again with the following steps to use the Quick Fix My Program:
- To initiate the process, choose Program Problems from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Soon after this, choose Quick Fix My Program and let the tool run.
- Thereafter, once the tool completes repairing the QuickBooks program files, open QuickBooks Desktop on your system.
- Try performing the required activity in QuickBooks Desktop to check whether you are experiencing the QuickBooks has stopped working issue this time.
Also Know more About: QuickBooks Single User Mode Cannot Switch
Solution 2: Rename the QBWUSER.ini and EntitlementDataStore.ecml files
Sometimes, you might end up with QuickBooks not working after windows update when the QBWUSER.INI file is either damaged or corrupted. Rename the file to get rid of the issue by following the steps listed below:
- Initially, open the folder that contains QBWUSER.ini file by following the path as follows:
“Users[Your user name]AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks [year]”
- Soon after this, right-click on the file named “QBWUSER.ini” and choose the Rename option.
- Further, rename the file by adding .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Then, move to the folder containing the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml file” using the same path as listed above.
- Following that, right-click on the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” and rename it by adding .OLD at the end of the file.
- Reopen QB Desktop and check if the issue still exists.
- If you can open a sample copy file but not the actual company file, then you should relocate the company file to a new location.
- Note:- (It is recommended that you save the company file to a local folder rather than a network place).
- Try opening the company in QuickBooks Desktop from the new location to see if QuickBooks has ceased operating this time.
- If you can open the company file, the underlying issue could be with the default folder, which could be damaged or corrupted. As a result, we recommend that you establish a new folder for the company file in the default location.
Summing It Up!!
So, here conclude our blog on QuickBooks Not Working After Windows Update and hope you find it worth reading. We hope that using the above troubleshooting solutions will help you to fix the issue so that you can easily access the QuickBooks Desktop. If still the issue exists, then consult with one of our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.
Article by Article good