Have you accidentally deleted an important email from Outlook? Well, don’t panic, those old days are gone when restoring a deleted item was a tough row to hoe. With advanced technology, you can recover deleted emails from Outlook, even the hard deleted ones.
However, the methods to recover the deleted items would be slightly different since it depends on the type of deletion. That is whether you have soft deleted or hard deleted the emails.
So, first, let’s get familiar with the types of deletion, then will move toward the methods to retrieve deleted Outlook emails.
What is Soft Deletion in Outlook?
When you delete a mailbox item such as email, contact, calendar, etc from your Outlook account by clicking on the Delete button then it’s categorized as soft deletion. And, where do the deleted items go?
Well, you can find those items in the Deleted Items Folder. And, usually, when you soft delete an email or other items, it can be easily recoverable(the complete process is discussed later in the post.)
Now, What Do You Mean By Hard Deletion in Outlook?
So, when you press Shift+Delete to delete a mailbox item then that is referred to as hard deletion. In other words, you can say you have permanently deleted the items.
Also, when you delete or empty the Deleted Items Folder then it’s considered a hard deletion. But, the question is, can you recover deleted emails from Outlook when removed forever? There’s good news and bad news. The good news is you can recover the permanently deleted items from Recoverable Items Folder. But, this folder retains the permanently deleted items only for 14 days.
Now, you must be curious to know about what to do if the items that you want to recover that’s no longer seen anywhere. Well, the best part is that you can still recover those permanently deleted items through an expert solution(discussed in the upcoming section).
Without further ado, let’s discuss various methods to recover deleted emails from Outlook.
Retrieve Deleted Outlook Emails – Method to Recover Soft Deleted Emails
The process of recovering soft deleted emails is not a hard nut to crack. Just follow the below steps and you will be able to restore them.
- Open Outlook and Go to Deleted Items Folder.
- Go through the deleted emails & Select the emails that you want to restore.
- After choosing the emails, right-click on them and click on the Move to Folder option.
- Once you click on the option, Outlook will ask you for the destination where you want to move
- Select the location and after that, your emails will be restored immediately.
Next, let’s have a look at the process of recovering the permanently deleted items.
Recover Deleted Emails From Outlook– Method to Recover Hard Deleted Emails
As you already know when you permanently delete a file it stays in the recoverable items folder for certain days. And, you can recover your hard deleted emails from the Exchange server.
[Note: The method that is discussed below is applicable for only the IMAP configured Outlook accounts.]
Before you start the process, make sure you are online and connected to the mail server.
1. Open Outlook, go to the Folders menu, then select the Recover Deleted Items From Server as shown below.
2. Once the Recover Deleted Items window pops up, select the items you want to recover, choose the Restore Selected Items radion button, and click OK to restore deleted Outlook emails.
After applying the above steps, you will be able to see your deleted items back in the Deleted Items Folder. So, from there you can move it to another folder of your choice.
But, what if your Outlook account is configured in POP3? How can you restore the emails that are in PST file format? Well, as mentioned earlier, with the expert solution you can recover them quickly and without any error.
Professional Solution to Recover Deleted Emails From Outlook
Whether you accidentally deleted emails from your mailbox or removed them from Deleted Items folder, with the Tried and Tested Outlook Recovery Tool, you can absolutely recover them effortlessly.
The best thing about the tool is that you can not only recover deleted emails but also fix corrupt email files. Amazing, right?
So, let’s have a look at the software steps to get started with the recovery process.
1. Download the tool and launch the same on your computer system.
2. Next, click on Add File and then select Select File or Search File as per your choice.
3. Once you click on Select File, press the ‘…’ to browse PST files.\
4. Choose the scan mode either Quick or Advanced based on your requirement.
5. Then, specify the Storage Folder Path and click the Add button to start the process to recover deleted emails from Outlook.
6. Once the tool recovers Outlook PST files, you can preview the deleted data items highlighted in red color, as shown in the below image.
That’s how you can easily and quickly retrieve deleted Outlook emails.
Salient Features of The Tool:
- The GUI is user-friendly and simple.
- Along with emails, you can recover contacts, calendars, tasks, etc.
- It lets you add & recover multiple PST files.
And, many more…
Losing important emails by any means could be crushing. However, thanks to technology you can easily recover even the permanently deleted items. In this article, we’ve discussed various methods to recover deleted emails from Outlook based on different deletion situations.
Also, read the newly published tech and business-related articles by clicking here.