Incurring banking errors in QuickBooks can be quite scary as it contains all your crucial data. You can also lose your essential info due to some errors. As a result, it is very important to troubleshoot such errors as soon as possible. One such bank error is the QuickBooks error OL 233 that triggers while you try to update the necessary details in your bank feed. Whenever the error arises, a message gets displayed on the screen saying, “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request Error OL-233”. Let us discuss the matter in brief and understand how to fix it instantly and successfully. Refer to this informative article.
Troubled by QuickBooks bank update error OL 233? We suggest immediately reaching out to our technical assistance team for proper guidance by dialing our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Major Reasons That Provokes the Bank Feed Update Error OL223 in QuickBooks
Are you unaware of the factors that affect the issue? As there can be multiple reasons behind the error, here we have focused on the most obvious causes. Read them out-
- The settings of your internet explorer might be inaccurate because of which the error is continuously arising.
- One of the other reasons why you are unable to update your bank feed could be that the server of your respective bank might be down.
- You should always cross check with your internet connection as it can also be responsible for producing QuickBooks Error OL 233.
- Importing the unsupported file formats in QuickBooks can also lead to QuickBooks Bank Feed Error OL-233.
- Using an old version of QuickBooks Desktop or Windows can land you into this issue.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6190
Top Three Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error OL 223
Is troubleshooting the bank error OL 233 is challenging for you? Don’t stress out. The solutions we have mentioned in this section of the blog will definitely help you fix the problem completely-
SOLUTION 1: Make Use of Verify Rebuild Data Feature in QuickBooks Desktop
- At first, open your QuickBooks Desktop and hit the ‘File’ menu.
- Move your cursor to ‘Utilities’ and then click on ‘Verify Data’.
- After that, exit all windows by hitting ‘OK’.
- If you receive the following message, “Your data has failed the integrity check”, then proceed to the further step, that is, use the ‘Rebuild Data’ feature to eliminate the error.
- Again, move to the ‘File’ tab on the QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the ‘Utilities’ option, hit ‘Rebuild Data’ and then ‘OK’.
- A message will be prompted on the screen asking you to take a backup of your company file.
- Tap ‘OK’ and start the scan process.
- After it is done, click ‘OK’.
If using the first solution does not help, proceed further. The next solution guides you how you can re-verify your internet settings in IE.
SOLUTION 2: Re-Verify Internet Settings in Internet Explorer
- Run your QuickBooks Desktop and go to the ‘Help’ menu.
- Click on ‘Internet Connection Setup’.
- Choose ‘Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet’.
- Select ‘Next’ and move to ‘Advanced Connection Settings’.
- Jump to the ‘Advanced’ tab and keep scrolling down on the ‘Settings’ window.
- Next, you are required to choose the ‘Use SSL 2.0’ and ‘Use SSL 3.0’ options.
- Hit ‘OK’ and then ‘Done’.
- Finally, attempt to download the payroll tax table.
SOLUTION 3: Configure the Transport Layer Security (TLS) settings in Internet Explorer
The most widely used version of Transport Layer Security is TLS 1.2. It makes your internet activities secure over the networks. You have to follow the steps given below to enable it and to get rid of the QuickBooks online banking error OL-233:
- Update your Internet Explorer to the newest version that is 11.
- Hit on the Gear icon and then click on Internet Options.
- Under the Advanced tab select the Security option.
- You can now see the TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.0 checkbox,
- Unmark the TLS 1.0 and mark the TLS 1.2.
- Then, click on Apply followed by OK.
- At last close, all the applications including Internet Explorer, and restart your system to see the changes.
As discussed, banking errors like the QuickBooks error OL 223 can be difficult to resolve independently. Moreover, you should not take a risk with such problems and instead fix them instantly. If the issue does not disappear even after performing the given troubleshooting processes, get in touch with our Accounting Professionals at this number 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error H303