Termite Infestation: Identify And Control It
Termites are not only a nuisance but also can create potential damage to the structures in your home. Moreover, these are almost invisible that we cannot be able to identify them if they are infesting your property.
Few signs in your home may help you to identify the presence of termite infestation in your home. If you find any sign, you can call Termite Inspection Adelaide to declare it is a termite invading your property.
How To Identify Termite Activity?
Termites can often live on your property over a long period before you find them. Whether it is a dry wood termite, which burrows within the wood structures or subterranean termites that can be found underground, these discreet intruders can be hard to discover before that they can do significant damage. To help keep the damage minimum it is important to go through the warning signs.
Watch these signs in your home:
- Wall damage: You will be able to find unexplained cracks on your wall as termites consume cellulose found in timber within the walls.
- Wood damage: Termites feed on wood. When you tap on the wood structures they sound hollow or papery.
- Flooring damage: Tiles get loose because of added moisture in them.
- Stuck doors and windows: As termite consumes timber their exceeded or mud creates a protective environment that traps heat and moisture. This results in timber swell leading to stuck doors or windows
- Mud tubes on the wall: Subterranean termites build mud tubes to travel for food without being seen. Mud tubes ascend the foundation of your home.
- Discarded wings or sightings of flying swarmer’s: Often the first sign of an infestation that a house owner notices is the presence of swarmer’s. Other than this you can find the discarded wings on walls and floors.
- Termite droppings: After feeding on wood, dry wood termites leave brown colored faecal pellets near the areas of infestation.
- Damage to the foundation: Termites entry is highly effect based on the type of foundation of your home. Even though lots of foundations are made of concrete termites can squeeze into any crack within these concrete blocks. You can prevent such entry by laying a chemical termite barrier beneath the concrete slab.
How To Control A Termite Infestation
Exposing your furniture to direct sunlight can eliminate termites because the heat emission can dehydrate the termites and makes them thrive for moisture. However, this method may not cover the entire furniture or adapt to the existing infestation as termite activity takes place 24×7. Not only this but also it cannot address the structural beams or flooring which can risk a problem of invasion.
Getting rid of a home of termites requires special skills. It requires a knowledge of building construction to identify the critical entry points of termites. However, these potential entry points are hidden and difficult to access.
Termite control utilizes specialized equipment like powerful machinery drills, large spray tanks and long metal rods for injecting soil. Also, it requires a special pesticide known as termiticide which is specially introduced into the foundation.
In short, termite removal is not a Do it Yourself job. It requires professional treatment. Some termite killing products are available in the market. They can just solve your problem temporarily. But termites can escape from you and continue their work. So it is always advisable to opt for professional service.
Choosing the right professionals like Termite Inspection Adelaide is equally important. Firms offering termite inspections must be licensed. Consider calling them for inspections and reading about the pesticide product label. Also, beware of the duration of returning home after getting it treated.
When To Call a Professional:
Termites can hide over anything in your home. Even if find a single sign of infestation, it’s time to call an expert. They can inspect your home by checking through the entry points and treating them carefully preventing further invasion. Also, experts at Termite Inspection Adelaide have the right knowledge of pesticides to use for a serious infestation that can damage your home structures.
If you are looking for a termite inspection in your home you can consider calling a local expert for deep detection and treatment of them. Experts can assists you in complete inspection before treating it to end the root cause of your problem.