Top 5 Ways to Fix Windows 10 Keyboard Does Not Type Issue
Here is the comprehensive guide to fix Windows 10 Keyboard Does Not Type Issue
The keyboard is an essential part of a PC or laptop. You can run commands, communicate and enter the information with the help of a keyboard. If your keyboard is not working, there are several causes. One of the most common reasons that your Keyboard does not type on Windows 10 is when you are using an outdated version of the driver. Before moving to the fixes, let’s talk about the causes.
A few of the reasons are:
- Damaged Keyboard.
- Battery Low
- Incorrect USB Port
- Poor configuration of power settings
- An updated version of Windows 10.
Let’s discuss some of the fixes to solve this issue.
How To Fix Windows 10 Keyboard Does Not Type Issue
If you are typing something and your keyboard is not displaying anything on Windows10. Here is the list of solutions given below to solve the problem.
Fix 1: Disable NumLock Key
In case, the numlock key is enabled, then you might face a problem. The keyboard does not type issue on Windows 10.
Try to disable this key once, to verify that the keyboard is typing correct keywords, symbols, or letters. If the issue is not solved by this, then try another solution given below.
Fix 2: Language settings verification
If you have modified the language settings accidentally, you might face this issue. You should use precise language settings. Follow the steps given below, to get rid of this problem:
- In Windows Search Bar write Edit language and keyboard options, then choose Best Option.
- Choose your preferred language. Before that click the Windows Display Language drop-down menu.
- In case, if you are not able to find a preferred language press Add a language button under the Preferred Languages option, and you can select the language pack. Now you can select your language.
- Choose the Advanced keyboard settings option, from the same window.
- Inside the Override for the default input method option, select the drop-down menu. Choose the language you want.
If the issue persists, then try another solution given below.
Fix 3: Operating Keyboard Troubleshooter:
Try the troubleshooting tool, if your keyboard is typing incorrect letters, symbols, or characters. Follow the steps given below:
- In the windows search bar write Troubleshoot, then choose the Best match option.
- Select Keyboard, then press Run the Troubleshooter button.
- After completing the process, start your PC again.
In case the issue is not fixed, then look out for another solution given below.
Fix 4: Verify AutoCorrect Settings
In case this issue arises in Microsoft Word, however, it works perfectly fine on other sites. AutoCorrect might be a reason in this case. Here, if you want to check the settings of autocorrect, then you need to follow the steps given below.
- In Microsoft Word select file, then choose options.
- Choose Autocorrect Options, inside the Proofing tab.
- Functional keywords get converted into numbers and special characters with the help of autocorrect entries. Then delete them.
Move to another solution if the issue is not fixed.
Fix 5: Update Keyboard Drivers
This issue arises because of corrupted network drivers. So, you can solve this issue by modifying or reinstalling the keyboard drivers. You can do it from two ways via device manager and via driver updater for windows 10 (Automatically)
- Click Win + X at the same time and choose Device Manager.
- Expand the Keyboard Options by double-clicking them.
- Select Update Driver by right-clicking on Keyboard Drivers. After completing the process, start your PC again.
Try to reinstall the Keyboard Drivers, in case the issue persists. Follow the steps given below:
- As per the previous steps, open the Keyboard Drivers and Device Manager.
- Select Uninstall device by right-clicking on Keyboard Drivers.
- Click on Scan for hardware changes, after navigating to the Action tab.
Your PC will reinstall keyboard drivers automatically, after starting your computer again.
Know More: Orbi Blue Light Issue | Ultimate Methods to Fix this Issue
In this article, we discussed how to solve the issue if your keyboard does not work on Windows 10. There are a few of the solutions we have discussed above and some of them are checking the auto-correct option, disabling numlock key, and many more.
With the help of these fixes, the Keyboard does not type on Windows 10 issues get resolved. If you find a better solution than this, please notify in the comment section.