If you are a regular user, you have come across the QuickBooks error H303. It is a pretty common faulty that is concerned with the company file in QB. It pops up along with a warning message, stating, “Error code: H303. This company is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”. Although the problem is not exactly with the data file, it relates to the mode in which the company file is running. Hence, when switching from single-user to multi-user, you encounter the issue. This article focuses on the factors that affect the error and its troubleshooting methods.
Our professionals are available 24*7 to help with the errors. If you want to clarify your queries regarding the QuickBooks company file error H303, dial 1.800.579.0391 to speak to them.
Major Reasons that Affect the Company File Error Message H303 In QuickBooks
Are you constantly looking for the reasons that cause the error to arise? Check out the points we have enlisted below-
- The inaccurate configuration of the hosting mode on the server computer is probably one of the reasons.
- It can also trigger because of the damaged or corrupted network data file.
Proceed further to learn the most relevant ways to debug the error entirely.
You may read also : How to print w2 in QuickBooks Online
Quick Methods to Remove the QuickBooks Desktop Error H303
In this section of the blog, we have mentioned the top two solutions that will help you get rid of the error quickly. If the first one does not work, move on to the next one-
SOLUTION 1: Make Use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager After Installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub
First, make sure you have QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your desktop. If not, then go through the following steps-
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the downloaded file.
- Open the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and run it.
- As you begin installing the software, move forward with the instructions displayed on the screen. To accept the terms and conditions, select the relevant checkboxes.
- After the process is done, run the Tool Hub and go to the ‘Network Issues’ menu bar.
- Click ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- After you see your company file folder, hit on the ‘Start Scan’ option.
SOLUTION 2: Recreate the Firewall Settings To Resolve QuickBooks Error H303.
- Start the Computer and then go to the Control Panel.
- Select Firewall Settings in the Control Panel.
- Now, choose to Allow a Program.
- Select Add Program and after that, in the exception list, add QuickBooks 20xx.
- tart your PC again and verify that the changes have been done or not.
SOLUTION 3: Check for the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ Menu Option
- Check which workstations are encountering the error H505.
- Run your QuickBooks Desktop and go to the ‘File’ tab.
- Select ‘Utilities’ to check if the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option is available. If yes, verify the next workstation.
- If the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option is seen in any of the workstations, it indicates that the problem is with that specific computer.
- After performing the same process on other workstations, it’s time to analyze the host computer.
- Run QuickBooks on the host computer and choose the ‘File’ menu.
- Click ‘Utilities’ to see whether the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option is available or not. If yes, tap on it.
SOLUTION 4: Change the location of the QuickBooks folder
- In the hosting computer, create a new folder.
- Give the access of windows access permission to share the company file with both computers.
- Copy your old .qbw file and paste it into the new folder.
- After that, restart your system.
- After restarting complete, try to access the company file in multi-user mode.
- If the error still exists, try the below instructions.
The article ends here. You must have gathered sufficient information by reading this content, we suppose. In case you require some additional detail related to the QuickBooks error H303, get in touch with the team of experienced QuickBooks experts at 1.800.579.0391.
You may read also : QUICKBOOKS EVENT ID 4 – PROMPT ADVICE
Related searches : Error H303 in QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Problem with multi-user hosting set up, QB Error Code H303, QuickBooks Company File Error H303, QuickBooks Desktop Error H303, QuickBooks Error Code H303, QuickBooks Error Message H303