Why was Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel called “The Iron Man of India” and why do people look back on him so fondly?
- Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel (31 Oct 1875 – 15 Dec 1950), also known as Sardar Patel, was the first Deputy Prime Minster of India.
- He was an Indian lawyer and statesman. It also a leader of Indian National Congress and a founding father of Republic of India. Him play a key role in India’s struggle to become independent and guide its integration as a single nation.
- It known as Sardar in India and other countries. This means Chief in Hindi and Urdu and Persian.
- During the 1947 Indo-Pakistani war and Political integration of India, he was de facto Supreme Commander-in-Chief of Indian Army.
- He rose to leadership of the Indian National Congress, where he organize the party for elections 1934-1937 while continuing to promote the Quit Indian Movement.
- Patel was the first Home Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister for India. He also organized relief efforts for the refugees fleeing Delhi and Punjab. He work to restore peace throughout the country.
This was the story, a heroic tale that made him the Iron Man of Indian politics. His mental abilities were superior to those of others in that era, and his physical strength was unparalleled. This is why Vallabhbhai Patel is called the Iron Man or Steel Man of India.
Also Read : How good is Best Coaching For Upsc In India ?
Bardoli Satyagraha 1928 mark a significant episode in civil disobedience, rebellion and the Indian Independence Movement. Patel led the movement and was a prominent leader. The momentum gain from the Bardoli victory help in the revival of the freedom struggle across the country. Gandhi would launch the Salt Satyagraha in 1930.
Patel acknowledged Gandhi’s teachings, and the farmers’ unwavering resolve, but people all over the country recognized his leadership. Bardoli’s women were the first to bestow the title “Sardar”, which in Gujarati and other Indian languages means Chief or Leader.
Sardar Patel was a man who live by his principles. He was a fierce nationalist and never accept compromises to his core belief of ‘nation before all’.
Mahatma Gandhi said that the problem of the States was so complex that only you can solve it after the Independence. This was the reason he trust Sardar Patel.
Patel’s 31 October birthday is rightly celebrate as the Rastriya Ekta Diwas.
More Suggestion : What is the cost of the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel?
India’s people love Patel for his unbending nationalism, fearless nature, and strong will. India was also hurt by Nehru’s floundering. Therefore, India’s best Prime Minister is Patel.
Vallabhbhai Patel was a man of his words. His childhood was very humble, but it showed signs of his strong character and will.
Vallabhbhai Patel is a man of words. Although his childhood was humble, it revealed signs of his strength and will. Many incidents made him the Iron Man of India.
After Kausalya Vishnu Gupta Chanakya, Sardar Patel delivered such a strategy for protecting, uniting, and developing Hindustan. British government has declared India independent by granting rights to the prince state. British policy To make India separate in small princely states. These small states can be easily conquered by other countries later, if ever they are needed. Patel has understood the Indian policy and decided to create an independent country that could represent India as a republic.
Iron man of India
It was to ensure the independence of the princely state by the government of Britain. The British were playing an ugly game that day. They wanted to make the princely states independent so they could be attacked and conquered by other countries. These were terrible tactics by the British, but one man was able to keep them informed. Patel saw the truth and decided to do everything he could to create the Indian Republic. His efforts are what made India the world’s largest democracy. He visited all the princely states and requested that they become part of one India. Most of the kings agreed to Patel’s patriotic sentiments. Sardar threatened those who refused the offer and said that they would have to confront them if things did not work out in their favor. The odds were soon in favor of Sardar. Sardar was the first to understand the policy and decide to unite India. Sardar was the one who dreamed of Republic India, and today we are the largest democracy in the globe. He told the strange that they had to either be with him or face the largest army of the world.